Tuesday, August 14, 2012

#25: OUTSIDE LAMPS

Download playlist here. 

As I said in my most recent post, I went to Outside Lands this past weekend. It was reasonably epic. Unfortunately, if you weren't there I can't really convey how good certain things were or how mundane others were. If you want, you could try taking a bottle of vodka, a boombox and a ziploc bag of cold chicken into the nearest park. Listen to this playlist on full blast whilst consuming everything you brought with you (including the boombox). That will get you half way to where I've been.

Each one of these tracks represents a band that I saw and enjoyed. They are not in chronological order, or in order of importance, they just kinda flow this way. Reggie Watts is an amazing hilarious man. I have never simultaneously banged my head and laughed so hard in my life. Sharon Van Etten is one of my favorite modern singer songwriters. She has such an amazing voice and passion for her music. Electric Guest, Alabama Shakes, and Geographer were all a blast to see. Trampled by Turtles are amazingly talented musicians and they bring a speed metal edge to bluegrass. I was not expecting to see Die Antwoord but I'm so glad I did. It. Was. Amazing. So much energy. So much South Africa. So much ninja. Sigur Ros was a religious experience. I almost cried. Jack White is the epitome of rock n roll. I would sell my kidney to see him live again. Stevie Wonder is goddamn Stevie Wonder. That man can do no wrong.

Please enjoy, and drink responsibly.

1. Audio, Video, Disco - Justice
2. Life of Crime - Geographer
3. A Future In The Future - Reggie Watts
4. Baby's On Fire - Die Antwoord
5. Walt Whitman - Trampled By Turtles
6. Boys & Girls - Alabama Shakes
7. Save Yourself - Sharon Van Etten
8. Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros
9. Under The Gun - Electric Guest
10. Sixteen Saltines - Jack White
11. Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment