Tuesday, September 25, 2012

#29: ONE AND ONLY & #30: TWO MUCH TWO TAKE

Download playlist here!

Hey guys! Hope you missed me. I know lately I've been as absent as father figure in a Disney movie, but I swear I had good reason. I was thinking after taking a couple weeks off I would just sort of pick up where I left off, pretend nothing happened. But I don't think that'd be fair. So we're gonna play catch up today. Here are a couple of playlists to wet your appetite and to make up for lost time. A third jam should be coming along later tonight or tomorrow. Drink it up!

This set of tracks is inspired by my recent purchase of a bunch of old 50's and 60's doo-wop/pop records. There were some real gems in that dusty old box and I wanted to share a few of them with you. I filled it out with a few classics and a few B-sides that I think everyone needs to hear. Heart-breakers and jammers to listen for: Johnny Jack, The Orioles, and The Dominoes. Some of these vocals are so pitch perfect and emotional that they'll shake you to the core. The Cleftones bring in a sound that reminds me of early John Lennon. Rosie & The Originals, The Moonglows, and The Diamonds bring in those classics that you know so well. Enjoy!

1. Sincerely - The Moonglows
2. Heart and Soul - The Cleftones
3. Angel Baby - Rosie & The Originals
4. I'll Be Home - The Flamingos
5. The Beggar Became A King - Johnny Jack
6. Little Darlin' - The Diamonds
7. Goin' Out of My Head - Little Anthony and The Imperials
8. Sweetest One - The Crests
9. Crying in the Chapel - The Orioles
10. Wrapped Up in a Dream - The Clovers
11. Will You Remember - The Dominoes

Download playlist here!

Ok. Charm's Blow Pop. Take 2!

This is a sad one. Sometimes you gotta be sad. Deal with it.

I don't have much to say about it. But you should enjoy every second of it. Do some deep thinking or something.

1. Hold On When You Get Love and Let Go When Give It - Stars
2. There Is XXXX (Within My Heart) - You Say Party! We Say Die!
3. The Deep - Data Romance
4. Must I Paint You a Picture - Billy Bragg
5. I Don't Owe You Anything - The Smiths
6. Here's Whee The Story Ends - The Sundays
7. Come Back From San Francisco - The Magnetic Fields
8. Woke Up New - The Mountain Goats
9. Every Little Counts - New Order
10. Lean On Me - The Housemartins

No comments:

Post a Comment