Thursday, January 31, 2013

#37: NIGHT LADIES

Download playlist here.

Well, look what the cat dragged in from the frozen dead winter. It's me, ya dummies!

Nobody asked for it. Nobody demanded it. There were no eager crowds clamoring for new music outside my apartment window. There were no threats of violence or self immolation in protest of my absence. AND YET I chose to come back and bug the shit out of you with my obnoxious persistence. My persistence to prove to all of you lovely people that there is a shit load of music out there that needs to be heard. You're welcome? Or rather, thank you for putting up with this elaborate vanity project. You're all my sweethearts. All 12 of you.

Today I bring you some nice little jammy jams that I've picked up over the past few weeks. I'm preparing my trip to SxSW this year so a number of these bands are in that massive line-up. Listen for the influence of The Knife in Kate Boy's track, they're the millionth super talented band to come out of Sweden recently. That Sun City track has been blasting through my stereo non-stop recently. Foxygen not only have one of the coolest band names to date, but they have a new album that came out this week that I have been enjoying thoroughly. Born Ruffians are an old favorite from my Canada obsessed days, and guess what they're back/never left! Lots of other fun stuff to check out, this baby is part dancy, part just-jammin. Take that however you will! Enjoy.

1. Northern Lights - Kate Boy
2. Half of It - YesYou
3. Walking With Giants - Blondfire
4. The Follower - Sun City
5. Little Numbers - BOY
6. FFunny FFriends - Unknown Mortal Orchestra
7. Shuggie - Foxygen
8. Nova-Leigh - Born Ruffians
9. Thunder Clatter - Wild Club
10. Hurricane - MS MR
11. Sol. - Mausi

No comments:

Post a Comment