Thursday, October 4, 2012

CHVRCHES - LIES & THE MOTHER WE SHARE

I don't know why it's taken me so long to post about this. CHVRCHES is a new band from Glasgow, and they're phenomenal.

This is their first track "Lies", which was released about 6 months ago. I could see some people criticizing this band as being just another drop in the ocean that is dark-synth groups with female vocals. But after listening to their heavy beats and Lauren Mayberry's beautifully pitched voice, they are undeniably a force to be reckoned with.

This is their new single, released a couple weeks ago. Boy howdy, it only gets better. There's a dark side, there's a happy side, there's a little bit of everything all at once and I want to play both these songs simultaneously from giant speakers in my house....but maybe I'm just overly excited for good new music. Also, holy hell is Lauren Mayberry adorable.

Please enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment